Main Menu

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Boom Boom Room NYC


Catching the final rays of sunlight as seen from the famous "Boom Boom Room" in New York City.
This was a hard shot to take - the low light, the lack of a tripod/monopod and the reflections in the glass window.
I tackled the low light by using a wider lens (15mm) and cropping the image later - this allowed me to shoot at slower shutter speeds without noticeable blur. I increased the ISO to 400, the newer cameras are capable of much higher ISOs with lower noise (my old trusty Canon 40D is terrible at anything over ISO400). Finally the reflections in the glass, I got rid of these by positioning my body to block the amount of direct light falling onto the window. Another method is to use a polarizing filter.

Camera settings: ISO400, f/4, 1/15s

  

2 comments:

  1. This shot is soo cool Ankit. I learn a lot from your post descriptions! NYC is beautiful through your eyes!

    ReplyDelete