Main Menu

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Zoom Burst with a Spin




Similar to my Zoom Burst post earlier, this is an easy trick you can apply with a manual zoom lens.

Settings:

  • Find your subject (something preferably with contrasting colors)
  • Set the lowest ISO allowable by your camera (ISO 100)
  • Set your camera to shutter priority
  • Set you shutter speed to 1/5s - 1/15s - If the light is too bright to get low shutter speeds, install a neutral density filter or come back later during the day when the light is lower. 

Technique:
  • With the left hand locked in place on the zoom ring of the lens, click the shutter and rotate the camera (clockwise or anti-clockwise) simultaneously. Zooming and rotating will create an abstract image. You can adjust the image by either increasing or decreasing the zoom/rotation combination. 
Camera setting: ISO100, f/22, 1/15s,

    

4 comments:

  1. joshi daniel11/27/2014 3:53 AM

    simple and nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Murali Aithal11/30/2014 11:25 AM

    congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried it once however when I rotate my camera I loose focus. I'm not sure how to rotate my camera properly.

    ReplyDelete