Main Menu

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Early Morning Silhouette


© Ankit Gajjar - All Rights Reserved

Most people on weekends/holidays try to take it easy and prefer to stay in bed longer in the mornings, so was the case with me. The next best thing was to go to work earlier than I usually do.

Earlier this year, I opened the shades to the office windows and saw the beautiful colors of the sunrise. The next day I grabbed my camera and set off to work earlier then usual and waited for the sunrise.

I opened the window, set the camera on a tripod and composed my shot. The crimson color of the sky was amazing. I used in-camera spot metering and metered for the bright pink hue in the sky left of the water tank. After a couple of tests shots, I decided to slightly underexposed the shot. This severed multiple purposes:
  1. The pink hues were not over exposed
  2. The color of the sky was more vibrant
  3. The varying colors of the buildings were not visible and detracting
  4. The silhouette made the picture seem sharper

No comments:

Post a Comment