Main Menu

Monday, November 24, 2014

My New Canon 7D Mark II



Finally my new Canon 7D Mark II arrived in the mail, and I love it. I have been a canon user for 9 years now and these cameras have become an extension of my arm. I tried converting to both Nikon (D800E) and Sony (A7R) a few months back but couldn't do it. These cameras in my hand just didn't feel right. I had to search around for controls, I did not like the bluish color tone - even after setting the same white balance as the Canon (cloudy or shade), I still didn't get the Canon color.
Don't get me wrong Nikon and Sony are awesome brands, with newer sensor technology than Canon. But I am creature of habit and cannot make the change.

I have taken over 200 images of my family and still life indoors with my new 7D MII and the image quality is far superior than my 7D and very comparable to the 5DMIII .

The image above is my first photograph outdoors with the 7D MII. There is more to come in the next few weeks.

Camera settings: ISO200, f/5.6, 1/80s 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful picture. Happy thanks giving. Eat a lot, enjoy football game.

    ReplyDelete