Main Menu

Friday, October 3, 2014

Why I Hate this Photograph?


During a shoot, I had fired away with the flash gun at full power for multiple exposures and ran into an over heating situation. So while I waited for the flash to cool down and recharge, the model (my wife) started to draw something on the ground (completely unplanned). The pose, the moment, the innocence, the light - everything felt right and I took the shot (without the flash). However, as soon as I took the shot, the flash gun had cooled down and started beeping.  So, I did not review the image and instead started shooting again.

At home, while sorting through the photos, I came across the shot above and loved it, however upon second review I hated it.  The alien branch through the side of her head was disappointing to see. I could have avoided this, if only I had taken a second to look at the surroundings around my subject.

This just goes to show you, when you see something interesting take a second to look at the surroundings along with your subject so you can avoid disappointment later.

Camera settings: ISO 100, f/7.1, 1/250 (Manual mode, Partial metering mode)
  

No comments:

Post a Comment