Main Menu

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Improve Your Landscape Photography Using Lightroom


The scene above was shot in RAW mode (digital negative) at Sandy hook beach, NJ.

When I came across this scene I knew exactly how I was going to shoot it and how I wanted it to look post processed.  To make sure you have the greatest play room, the best thing you can do is correctly focus and expose for the shot.

The picture above was shot using a Canon 7D at ISO200, f/22, 1/15s at 10mm. The slippery rock was not stable enough to shoot with a tripod therefore I was limited with my hand held shutter speed.


Post processing in lightroom:
  • Increased the contrast to +7
  • Reduced the highlights to -100
  • Boosted the shadows to +67
  • Corrected for the white and black points using the alt key and adjusting the sliders
  • Increased the clarity +29
  • Increased the vibrance +14 

No comments:

Post a Comment