Main Menu

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Using Shadows to Compose Your Photography.



Shadows play an important role in creating drama and mystery. They can also tell what time of the day the shot was taken.

I was up and out of the hotel room early in the morning, walking about the streets to capture the city as it woke up. The shot above was taken at 6:00 am when the sun was still low in the sky. I found a good spot to setup and wait for someone to walk by.

Metering for the scene was fairly tricky. But a trick I have used before ended up coming handy. I stretched out my hand and zoomed into my palm as it was covered with existing light. I locked the exposure and shot the scene. The road was over exposed but this ended up working for the shot and boosting contrast on the subject.

Camera Setting: f/10, 1/200s, ISO 200.




No comments:

Post a Comment