Main Menu

Friday, September 5, 2014

Improve your Composition by Framing the Scene.




During my visit to India, I experienced some of the heaviest rain storms and flooding I have ever seen. In the shot above it had rained for about 3 hours straight and continued through the rest of the day. The tightly packed houses and buildings prevent rain water from dissipating and leads to flooding. 
These kids were out and about for hours until the flood water was over a foot high.



In the shots above, I zoomed into the scene and metered for the kids using center weighted metering and locked the exposure. Then I zoomed out and recomposed the shot to frame the kids with the surrounding walls and motor bikes, then waited for something interesting to happen. 

Camera settings: f/4.5, 1/50s and ISO 800.



No comments:

Post a Comment