Main Menu

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Photographers are Stubborn - How I Photographed Myself.



Walking alone in the forest on a beautiful October day, I saw an opening in the brush next to the river. A great location to take some fall foliage reflection images.  I setup my camera (ISO 100, f/11, 1/40s) and took a couple of landscape photographs. However, the Images had no appeal. They needed the human element, in this case myself.

Of course I did not carry my tripod along, I found a tree stump and set it up to work as a tripod. Using small pebbles and twigs I aligned the camera. I took about half a dozen photographs, tweaking the camera as needed. 

Out of nowhere an old couple walking by asked me if I wanted them to take my picture. As a stubborn photographer I thanked them and declined the offer. I had already spent too much time setting up the camera and trying to get the perfect angle, I could not let them take credit for my hard earned effort. 

Half an hour and about two dozen pictures later, I finally captured a photograph I liked. So here it is, my "Faceless Selfie".

No comments:

Post a Comment