Main Menu

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Smoke Break with Leather Pants and High Heels


I simply love street photography. Hunting and photographing a single image to tell a story. Presetting your camera to capture the moment at an instants notice is key. Each photographer has his/her camera setting recipe for street photography.

My method is as follows:

  • Aperture priority (f/8)
  • ISO auto
  • Matrix metering
  • Focus point set to center
  • High speed shutter
  • Continuous focus
  • Back button auto focus
I convert all my street photographs to black and white using Adobe Lightroom, unless I'm out to photograph something specific for a collection - for example people with red shoes or yellow cabs. I believe black and white creates more drama and helps the eye focus on the main subject instead of being distracted by varying colors.  

Camera settings: ISO400, f/8, 1/128s

4 comments: