Main Menu

Friday, September 19, 2014

Portrait of a Holy Man.



During my last visit to Pushkar, Rajasthan (India), I came across many personalities and characters, however, only a few stood out and caught my interest. The "Holy Man" in the portrait above was one of them. I started taking pictures using my 70-200 mm lens from "much" further away, but after about 15 minutes of shooting I felt comfortable getting closer with my 50 mm lens and realized he didn't care I was there taking pictures of him, he just kept doing whatever it is he was doing

After hanging around the holy man for a while he looked at me and asked me to join him for a cup of tea. I smiled and politely declined, but instead I asked him if I could take just one more picture of him looking straight at the lens and I would leave. And this is it, that one shot I was looking for. It doesn't hurt to ask, as long as it was done politely, if he had said no, I would have smiled and walked away.

Camera Setting: f/1.8, 1/320s, ISO 400.

No comments:

Post a Comment